I have talked with a few of you about the life choice that is presenting itself to Emily and I at this time, now I talk to all of you.
Emily and I are considering a huge change in our lives. I would be teaching 4 year old Kindergarten, and she would be teaching grade 4. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for both of us, and would look great on resumes for the future. The trick of it is that we would be doing this in Lima, Peru. It is a Christian English emmersion school called Monterrico Christian School in Lima, the capital of Peru in South America. We are seeking God's wisdom and guidance in this situation. It would be very exciting but we want to make sure we are in God's will if it is to happen.
The other kink in this situation is that the school year starts the first of March. This would mean a lot of change really fast. We are still trying to learn all we need to know to help us make the right choice. I ask that you all lift this up to God in prayer as well.
I will try to keep the blog up to date on this event as it unfolds. Love y'all!
Keep up the good work, if we don't give up we might just make it.
3 comments:
Wow.... this sounds like a really neat opportunity. How long would it be for? Sounds like something Jess should do. Would we get to see you before you left? When are you going to decide? Ok, sorry. I'm sure you've got enough going on without my adding more questions on top. Love you and will support you in whatever you decide. Keep us posted!
Personally, I've been praying for the Ashbys and for you guys...and its strange that I didn't put the two prayer requests together until now. Whatever God leads you to, I'm excited to see the future. God is SO good!
uummm... hello? any updates?
Post a Comment