We are leaving the United States of America for Lima Peru on March 26th at 6 am.
We are going to be out of our apartment by Good Friday.
My last day of work will be March 14.
That means I have one week where I am not working and can turn my full attention to packing and preparing to leave all that I have ever known.
This does NOT feel like an acceptable timeline to me but it is what I have to work with. I am truly excited about going to Lima and teaching...I am just SO overwhelmed by all that has to be done before it. I just want to crawl in a hole and hide for awhile...yeah, cause THAT would be so VERY productive! Sigh.
We have so much crap in our apartment and so much to do to get it to a place where we can have people come in and look at the big stuff that we are not transporting down to Indiana to put into storage. We want to give/sell as much stuff to those who need it in the church but that requires being farther along in our packing process than we are. I am just unable to see how we can actually accomplish the task before us. But God is faithful and I know that somehow it will all come together....I just do not like not knowing how that will happen....sigh. I am so very grateful for any prayer you bring to God on our behalf. I love you all.
6 comments:
I recommend the flylady system for moving.... you spend 15 min working and then take 15 min break and then you change rooms... check it out at the flylady.net. Praying for you guys and so excited for you!
Oh yes...and check out the crisis cleaning from flylady too.
http://www.flylady.net/pages/FlyingLessons_crisiscleaning.asp
http://www.flylady.net/pages/Flying_MovingTips.asp
I wish I could fly out and help!
Cindy I was wondering if you were going to call your daughter (thats me in case you forgot) before you leave the country! I know you are very busy with getting ready and packing and such but if you can fit me in that would be awesome I would really like to say goodbye!
Hey - We're hoping to come up to the lake the weekend of the 22nd if that would mean we could see you. Let me know!
I shared my college scrapbook with a friend last night and it really made me miss everyone. It reminded me about Nick and Andy wearing those huge wigs and getting on stage with Audio A like every time we saw them in concert. And all our fun times in spatula hour! he he MISS YA!
cindy, that's really awesome. I know you will do well.
Post a Comment