Friday, May 21, 2010

The first week of the rest of my life...

Last Friday (May 14th) I gave myself my first shot fo Enbrel, the once a week shot for my RA. TOday I gave the second shot. As I sat there grumbling about the fact that because I knew it WOULD hurt it hurt MORE than the first shot I realized that I would be doing this for the foreseeable future. I am so very grateful that I am ABLE to do this. God has provided in amazing ways to allow me to receive this medication!

So my thoughts on the first week of Enbrel:
~It is SO nice to get up in the morning and not have to have an hour to an hour and a half to "get up to speed" My body did not require that this week. I got out of bed and felt pretty good. There is still pain but SO MUCH LESS that it is astounding!

~I still have swelling but I can MOVE all my joints much easier than I have in a LONG (two years) time.

~I have more energy. Which is very nice...depending on how this coming week goes I am hoping to try riding bicycle around the neighborhood! This is VERY exciting to me!

~I am hoping that this will last and is not just my body's "euphoric" reation to the switching of medication. Any Doctor will tell you any time you drastically change what is going into your body it has a time of transition that is often a HUGE improvment that later slides into the true reaction of the medication.

~I am praying (and you can too!) that I am part of the " Enbrel has been shown to halt joint damage in 55% of people wth moderate to severe Rheumatoid Arthritis"....Lord, I want to be in that number!

Okay well that is all I have to say about that...

I will keep you all updated on how life in my body is going.

Cindy

No comments: