Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Heavy Heart



I have a heavy heart tonight. I have just learned that the Christian Campus Fellowship (CCF) House at Vincennes University is going to be torn down this fall. VU is expanding and is taking the house and property. The house dates back to before Prohibition, in fact during the 20's/30's there was actually a speakeasy in the hose on the third floor. But beyond that history it holds so many many memories for many people. It was my home for so much of my time at college, for one year literally my home. Being a CCF resident was loads of fun. So many nights sittingon the porch swing talking, praying,and laughing. We built onto the back of the house adding and worship/activity center and further back apartments for housing 8 guys and 8 gals. It has been the heart of CCF activities for 13 years...it makes me hurt to think of it no longer being there. The last worship service is April 27 and all Alumni are being invited to it. I would really like to go, to say good-bye and get pictures, we shal see what money is like then. I have no idea what plans are as far as a new home for CCF are but I cannot bear to think of VU without CCF at all. I ask that you say a quick little prayer that the ministry will survive and thrive despite this event, goodness knows that the University needs the ministry. The first pic is of the house before we built anything on the back so...1998. The second picture is in the worship center, it was our Valentines program in 2002.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the only way God can get us to grow and spread our wings is to boot us out of the nest. Maybe it is time to fly...
Flying is really fun once you leave the safety of the trees.
Time to fly?