Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I am not Job...

I am not Job.

So Job lost EVERYTHING…
…his farm, animals, family, money, and finally health.
And still Job did not curse God.
Throughout everything he turned everything into praise.
He was angry and frightened, he was confused and bewildered
but he ALWAYS blessed the name of the Lord.
With his actions and deeds, he turned every blessing into praise.
He managed to see these horrible things that were happening to him as blessings.

BLESSINGS???
YES.
Job knew that God was with him.
So no matter what happened, Job knew that he was indeed Blessed.

I am not Job.
I forget all too easily that I am blessed.
I focus on the WRONG thing.

I focus on
The pain.
The anger.
The frustration.
The desperation.
I focus on the self.

I need to make myself see that
The pain
IS A BLESSING
The anger
IS A BLESSING
The frustration
IS A BLESSING
The desperation
IS A BLESSING
For God is with me.

The Maker of this universe
The One who holds the sun and stars in His hand
He who created the depths of the oceans
Decided where there would be land and water
Gave us breath, life, and salvation.
For if God is with me
WHO
And
WHAT
Can EVER
be against me?
There is nothing that can conquer me.
Nothing can steal my joy.
I shall no longer give my joy away.
For I am MIGHTILY blessed.

No comments: