Friday, May 05, 2006

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

I think I spelled that right...I hope anyway. So in honor of the holiday I got online and looked up some authentic Mexican recipes for desserts. I settled on Pumpkin Empanada, mainly because we had everything I needed and it didn't envolve deep frying anything. The dough gave me some trouble when rolling it out but it sure didn't effect their taste....mmmmmm.....empanadas... We had quesidillas for dinner, I was not thinking when I made the salsa and put in WAY to much garlic (and ya know when my garlic loving sister spits it out there has to be a HUGE amount in it.) But after cutting more other veggies and throwing them in the cuisinart it was palatable. So that is my cinco de mayo, how was yours? Oh add in the fact that for some unknown reason I have no voice (I first thought it was allergies and my nose draining and stuff, but I am starting to fear that i may have a spring cold...ugh.) I have this squeaky little tinny voice...it would be funny if it weren't so frustrating.... Well I guess that is all I have fro you today. Keep up the good work people. If we don't give up we might just make it through this day.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

oh know not again. i guess its time to break out the notepad.

i remember one time at CCF, you totally messed up my throat during an aggressive negotiation to see if "the beast" was real. man i have to find that paper again. haha.

maddie said...

whatever...it wan't like that at all. That time I wasn't allowed to talk at all, that was my vocal chords and a virus...this is just way too much crap draining down the back of my throat causing my throat to get irritated and my voice to go wonky. Silly Pec man the 'beast' is long dead.....