It never fails-the call, the longing I feel to fill a blank page. It isn't just a blank page that beckons, it is a
newly sharpened pencil that has set me into motion tonight. You know what I am talking about. You know you do. The first time a brand new pencil is sharpened to a beautiful pointed readiness, the eraser perfectly flat on top with sharp angles all the way around, untouched, unused. A pencil like that must be used. Now I for one enjoy and use mechanical pencils on a regular basis, but...there is something wonderfully magically and nostalgic about a newly sharpened #2 pencil, something a mechanical pencil can never hope to obtain. Here is to all the sharpened pencils and blank pages ou
t there, may they come together in many marvelous ways, and may those who use and fill them enjoy what an incredible thing it is to do so.Keep up the work people if we don't give up we might just make it through this day.
2 comments:
yup i may be a punk. but this punk was at disneyland.
shut it!
Post a Comment