Monday, June 25, 2007

Blessings always...

The wonderful blessing that is Christian radio.

I moved from Northwest Indiana to Chicago. I never really thought anything about researching the radio stations of a city before moving. I will from now on. I left two fairly good Christian radio stations to come to Chicago. There is Moody radio but it is geared for an older generation than me. There is too much talk in relation to music and the music they do play is good but everything is slow and smooth. I like Newsboys, TobyMac, Plumb, Barlow Girl, Superchick, Skillet, and a whole host of others that Moody would never approve of.

So this all said I gotta give God the glory for providing for me even in this...in the last five years especially internet radio has exploded. I love that I can pick from so many different stations to listen to. I can even listen to both of the stations in Indiana, plus the one I like in Des Moines, and I can't forget KLove.

So today started out hard, frustrating, and just generally down...but then I tuned in, requested a song (or two) and listened to other requests. It never ceases to amaze me how sing to the glory of God provides so much strength and encouragement. So if you are down or just blah, go find your favorite Christian radio station or CD and crank it up, you are sure to feel better! All of creation (including the zebras in the picture) sings to the glory of God, remember to join them now and then.

Remember God gives us many blessing when we need them the most...always.

No comments: