
Johnny Cash was a wonderful musician. I truly feel that that is true. I do not think however that Johnny Cash is for everyone. He is more of an acquired taste. I myself couldn't stand the man's singing as recently as ten years ago. I have always enjoyed the stories he tells with his music, I just haven't always enjoyed his unique style of vocalization. Then my father started getting all of his Cd's from the library (and I do mean ALL of Cash's Cd's) As he loaded them onto the computer and I began to listen to them occasionally while working on their computer I began to realize how incredible this man's life was and what he did with it. He went from mega success to drugs and booze back to mega success then stepped out of the lime light for a brief time to go on tour with the Rev. Graham. Cash and his wife (can I just say Cash's wife was a powerful lady who despite it all kept her faith in God and served others) were a wonderful singing pair but an even more wonderful example of redemption. They went through so much
but came through it firmly in God's grip of grace where they remained for the rest of theirs lives and they weren't shy about letting the public know it. Now he never got rid of the bad boy persona, that was just part of who Johnny Cash was ans always will be. I love the fact that he was known as such an outlaw, a criminal who was prison hardened , yet in truth served a total of like two weeks in jail, not even prison. So as I sit here listening to Johnny Cash, smiling to myself because I know that Mom and Emily would go nuts listening to him for three hours, as I have been, I just wanted to share with you all how much I have learned to enjoy Johnny Cash and his music. Hope everyone is having a good day.
but came through it firmly in God's grip of grace where they remained for the rest of theirs lives and they weren't shy about letting the public know it. Now he never got rid of the bad boy persona, that was just part of who Johnny Cash was ans always will be. I love the fact that he was known as such an outlaw, a criminal who was prison hardened , yet in truth served a total of like two weeks in jail, not even prison. So as I sit here listening to Johnny Cash, smiling to myself because I know that Mom and Emily would go nuts listening to him for three hours, as I have been, I just wanted to share with you all how much I have learned to enjoy Johnny Cash and his music. Hope everyone is having a good day.
1 comment:
As "recently" as 10 years ago?
Isn' it funny how ten years isn't as long as it once was, now that you have 3 decades behind you, complete and done forever? (a little light-hearted thought.)
I think your words just serve to illustrate how God made each of us uniquely, not to serve all or be all, but to serve our own niche. We can be totally unappealing in one way and still be the only one that fulfill our own unique mission. Quirkiness - good.
Post a Comment