Thursday, October 27, 2005

Chicago White Sox

For years the Chicago White Sox have been the other team in Chicago. The southside team didn't get much exposure on Chicago television stations or newspapers. Then they had an incredible season in 2005. So they got noticed a lot right? Nope. This past summer the majority of what I heard and read was about how the Cubs could improve, and what game the Cubs had just lost. Now my grandparents are BIG TIME Cubs fans so by default I was too. On the other hand my Dad is a White Sox fan so by default I was too. Before I came to live in Chicago I didn't really care much for one team over the other. I do now. All summer I was rooting for the Sox. I guess it just really rankled with me that the team who was doing this AMAZING job did not get the respect they deserved. SO I started ignoring the Cubs and backing the Sox. Now don't get me wrong, I would love to see the Cub win a championship before my grandmother dies, but this year it was really all about the White Sox! So now as they bring home their first World Championship to Chicago I hope that they will no longer be the other team, but rather the team. Congratulations Chicago White Sox, 2005 MLB World Series Champions.

1 comment:

maddie said...

Lissa please read comments for the technology entry again. I have a question.