Monday, September 19, 2005

Days one and two...

(An aside: Denver Broncos 20 San Diego Chargers 17)
Day one of the vacation: Saturday. Events: Swimming, swimming, and going outto eat in the evening. It was very laid back and relaxing. We went to a place, as I mentioned in the previous post, called Black Barts Mine and Buffet. The food was only so-so, and the reason we went there was for a train ride which we never took. The place is under new ownership and they are changing a lot and doing remodeling. The only good thing about the place was the line of headless horses with saddles on. Kirsten LOVES horses so this made her very happy. She loved sitting on them and insisted that Emily get up on one too. So over all it was a great way to begin vacation. Plus we drove around the Wisconsin Dells main areas and discovered where everything was. It is the perfect tourist town, everything is very easily located and packed into a small area.
Day two of the vacation: Sunday. Events: Mid-Continent Railway (Train Ride)This was awesome. The next three pictures in this entry are from this event. The rest of the day was taken up by naps and swimming. The car we rode in was so cool. The seats were kind of a wicker and the windows were open (no glass) which gave Kirsten pause for the first few minutes. Then (as you can see) she enjoyed looking out the window and feeling the wind. The scenery was beautiful and we learned a lot about the histroy of the railroad in that area. Because of all the sounds and movement even Kira enjoyed this and was occupied. Here is the link for more info http://www.midcontinent.org OH! I almost forgot! In the evening we went mini-golfing at a place called Pirates Cove! If you ever go to Wisconsin Dells you gotta play golf there. It was great. We were all golfing so I didn't take pictures. I was to busy playing the game (which by the way I won by two strokes. Rod came in second.) So anyway I forgot to take pictures until we were leaving. Rod wanted Kirsten to take a pic with the Pirate but she was kinda scared of him so Emily sat down to show her it was okay. I took this shot and it is the only one taken because Kirsten would still have none of it. It was a good way to end the day. So this is all for today and remember to keep up the good work people, if we don't give up we might just make it through this day.

2 comments:

Mellifluous said...

So, M is pretty friendly with that guy she met. Did he get her phone number?

maddie said...

LOL! I told Em when we were looking at the pics that 'Geez, you look awful friendly with the Pirate what's up with that?' She just smiled and rolled her eyes. I am glad that I am not the only one to think that. ;)