Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Technology...

Sigh...one never knows how much they value something until it doesn't work right. My DVD playerin my computer is suddenly VERY biased in which discs it will play. Let me rephrase that which DISC it will play. Apparently I will now only be watching the second disc of Pride and Prejudice (the BBC A&E one.) While I REALLY enjoy it I am a little miffed at my DVD player. It suddenly won't play discs that it has played dozens of times before. I never knew how much I enjoyed it until it now isn't working. I really don't think that in the long run technology is our friend, but THAT is a whole other blog post. So good night, the Sox are in the tenth inning but I am going to bed. Keep up the good work people, if we don't give up we might just make it through this day!!!!

8 comments:

Kevin said...

ummm ya, they won. and uhh i didn't get a call, but they sent me an email. So ummm... i'm thinking about it. if that doesn't make any sence, sorry.

Mellifluous said...

That is such a good series...but it would be totally annoying to not be able to watch the first half too...or of course anything else.

Have you tried updating your device drivers? Did you recently put any new software on your computer?

maddie said...

YES! I recent downloaded an update for windows meadia player went from 9 to 10...don't like 10 very well, maybe it's just casue I am so comfortable with 9. I think that is why people leave church too Lissa, they get really comfortable then something big changes and rather than adjust to it the go find something that feels comfortable again. We all do it to certain degrees, but think about it. When talking about the church it is just selfishness and putting ourselves above all others. WE arent comfortable...SO WHAT! Where in the bible did it say that we were going ot be comfortable all the time? I think i am going ot have to write an entire blog in response to your posting...but back to the subject...how do I update my device drivers? :)

Mellifluous said...

Go to the website for your brand o computer and/or your brand o DVD player. Then look at downloads...device driver updates should be free. Also, check update.microsoft.com for updates. I'll verify with Roger for any other ideas.

maddie said...

Had my computer custom built it is no 'brand' and I have no idea what 'brand' my DVD player is...I am screwed aren't I?

Mellifluous said...

if you pull it out...it will have a brand in 90% of cases. hmmmm who made it for you?

GeekTeach said...

If you want to test the theory that it is Media Player 10, you can remove the 10 app from your system in Control Panel -> Add & Remove programs. This should take you back to 9.

maddie said...

okay....well I went ot uninstall media player 10. Went to control panel add&remove....no media player there to uninstall. No where could I find media player. I am sad. And oh so very tired, I am going ot bed now and will think on this tomorrow. *sigh* Atleast I will always have Pemberly, and Elizabeth's high opinion of it.